How to redesign kitchen that has 4 doors, 1 wall cabinets

+9
Kitchen is 12x11 including cabinets on one wall, ceiling is 10', cabinets to ceiling, the other three walls have chair rail and wainscoating and is down from 5 to four doorways. How can I remodel keeping the integrity of this 1870 home?

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Jan 01, 2018
    It is hard to make a comment without a picture. Can you oblige us with one?

• See 2 previous
    • Virgina Virgina on Jan 01, 2018
      My neighbor does not use modern things at all (87) and my camera still has old roll film in it. I am looking to see if I can draw one on paper and then scan onto computer and see how to post to this site.

• I need a photo too. If you get really stuck, have a consult with a kitchen designer, preferably one that is familiar with historic properties.

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 01, 2018
    |] |
    |] |12 ft
    |] |
    |]_________|
    11 ft
    In a 12x11 area, with the wall of cabinets to the left, give us the location of the doors, the sink, the fridge and the stove. That way we can help you. Thanks.

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 01, 2018
      diagram did not save correctly

|]"""""""""""""|
      |]:::::::::::::::::::|
      |]:::::::::::::::::::|12 ft
      |]:::::::::::::::::::|
      |]___________|
      ........ 11 ft.....

• B. Enne B. Enne on Jan 01, 2018
    Is it a Victorina-style home? Are all 4 doors absolutely necessary? How much room is there between the doors? Floor to ceiling pantries even only 12 inches deep are wonderful to have. I keep my food and small appliances in mine.

• B. Enne B. Enne on Jan 01, 2018
    Something like these designs from Houzz look good. I think tile, trim, feet (so it looks like furniture) and historical colours help preserve the integrity. I would try to mimic some of the finishings in the rest of the house.
    Using a historically accurate dresser as an island or server help too.

• Dfm Dfm on Jan 02, 2018
    measure the perimeter walls, windows and doorways, transfer to graft paper. add sink and counters and other non movable items ie get a foot print of the existing kitchen keep in mind where the water, gas lines, electric wiring is. your least expensive option is to not need to relocate the utilities. update sink and fixtures, counter tops and cabinets but keep plumbing and gas lines in same spot.

• Virgina Virgina on Jan 02, 2018
      Thank you for that information and I will get this done as soon as I can and get back with the site.