I want to update my kitchen counter tops but I rent so what can I use

  8 answers
  • Ken Ken on Jan 31, 2018
    Anything you so will be permanent so you will need the landlord's permission before you do anything. There is a counter top refinishing kit by a company called Giani. Comes in several finishes and is well reviewed on Amazon.

  • GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jan 31, 2018
    Hi Thelma, you could purchase butcher block to size and just lay it over them and then take it with you when you leave.

  • 27524803 27524803 on Jan 31, 2018
    Since you rent... anything you do will have to be removable... Contact paper is one option or another counter top like Formica laid over the top...a few dabs of silicone would hold it in place

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 31, 2018
    Use Worktop Savers as they make a great difference without alteration...........

  • Mes28120126 Mes28120126 on Jan 31, 2018
    Get your landlord's permission to do this, if you can get his/her permission then talk to a paint store person for advice.

  • Pat Pat on Jan 31, 2018
    Mother used contact paper on her counter tops....don't know if they make anything that would look good anymore.

  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jan 31, 2018
    peel and replace contact paper --

  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 31, 2018
    removable contact paper