Is there any type of sealer that is food safe like a polyurethane

+2
I have seen brown paper sakes used on floors and was thinking i could redo my countertops in my kitchen the same way but not sure if there is a food safe sealer

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Dec 27, 2017
    Hello Liz! Here is great information about different types of sealant that are “food safe”:

• KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Dec 27, 2017
    Hello Lizwall49 :) Here is something that may be of help from Hometalk earlier this year; hope it helps :)
    https://www.hometalk.com/1540929/refinished-counter-tops-with-paper?expand_all_questions=1

• Kay Kay on Dec 27, 2017
    If you actually cook in your kitchen ie: you use and clean your countertops, you will NOT be happy with a countertop that you've glued brown paper bags to, and then sealed it. It will be the most UNpractical thing you could do in your kitchen!! The food safety of the sealant will be the very least of your problems with this project. Due to regular moisture exposure with liquids, such as wiping it down a few times a day, and the rubbing that that entails, it will quickly degrade any sealant you paint over the paper. Countertops, whether kitchen or bathroom, are always hard surfaced for a good reason. Hard surfaces are impervious. period. I'm jus sayin....

• William William on Dec 27, 2017
    I agree with Kay. I can't see it being food safe as the really isn't any surface sealer that is food safe. I question how long it will last. Even doing floors, looks good at first. How to keep clean, wear and tear. Don't think they would last long either.