My kitchen cabs are dark veneer. Is there a sturdy way to redo them?

+2
  • Rani Rani on Dec 27, 2017
    Ugly dark-brown 30-y/o fake walnut with chips on the lower edges from my wheelchair. My win-the-lottery wish would be full replacement, but instead, I need a low-cost way to fix the chips and resuface that doesn't require much skill. I'm artistic but not tools-y!

• Rita Rita on Dec 27, 2017
    fill the cracks with puddy, sand and paint. The paint is time consumin, but well worth it in the end. Maybe you could get a hand man to help. After that, maybe put tennis ball numbers on your wheel chair, or some type of padding to keep it from happening again. Good luck!

• Rita Rita on Dec 27, 2017
    spell check sorry 🤦‍♀️

• Rani Rani on Dec 27, 2017
    Thanks, Rita. The putty I can do. What kind of paint *really* adheres to formica?

Not sure where to put tennis ball bumpers on my wheelchair. I'm getting a new one soon, a power chair, and will ask what they recommend.

My SIL is wonderfully handy but thinks we should save up and replace it all.