My white and blue vinyl tiles in the kitchen are turning yellow.

+8
I have had to replace some of the tiles when they got cracked. Now you can really notice the yellowed one. Unfortunately they do not make this design anymore. I need to get rid of the yellow (which I would prefer since I love the original floor design) or replace the floor. I have colonial blue and gray cabinets and white appliances. What color floor would look good in the kitchen. The living room and hallway floors which come off the kitchen are parquet medium brown tiles.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 14, 2017
    That will be due to age. They need to be replaced before they crumble

• Denise Denise on Dec 14, 2017
      Thank you. Right now I cannot afford to replace them. Probably in March 2018.

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 14, 2017
    Hi Denise. I love the wood look tiles. I think the gray would look nice. It would also bring in the brown.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 14, 2017
    Do you want a pattern or a solid color? If you like the white & blue look for another pattern with those color and possible some gray. If you want a solid color you can choose any color that looks good to you. Bring home some sample tiles. (yes, you'll probably have to buy them. but if you can get just one it will help you choose.) Once you get them home, put one or two on the floor and look at it in daylight and at night with the lights on in your kitchen. If there is one you really don't like - get rid of that one, then try another. Keep eliminating the ones you don't like until you find the right one for you. Color is such a personal thing that it's hard for anyone to suggest a color. I might like a white floor, but you might thing that would be awful. The same is true of any color that someone else chooses. Wishing you the best.

• Denise Denise on Dec 14, 2017
      Thank you. I will try buying just one each of several different colors and styles.

• Susan Susan on Dec 14, 2017
    replace as many of the "yellowing" tiles as you can - a little at a time... and you could LEAVE some as a CHOICE... then add a little yellow to your kitchen décor?

• Phil Phil on Dec 14, 2017
    Slate flooring tiles, ceramic or vinyl would be perfect. A grey color.

• Dee Dee on Dec 14, 2017
    Before you replace the floor I would try steam cleaning. Should make your tile floor look new again...

• Denise Denise on Dec 14, 2017
    Thank you

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 15, 2017
    I understand fully. When you are looking, go for a design that brings in all the colours of your kitchen..........