Need an idea for backsplash to make it eye catching

+5
Kind of Tuscan inspired kitchen, black granite and other picture is the floors. Previous owner did some weird paint job for backsplash . Can you also include a pic of your suggestion material
q need an idea for backsplash to make it eye catching
Backsplash
Travertine floors
  • Ken Ken on Dec 06, 2017
    I don't have a suggestion for the material, just a comment.

I have seen a lot of small kitchens lately with eye-catching backsplashes. It is possible to try too hard and do so much in a small space that it becomes unsettling. Everything in the space is fighting for your attention. With the beautiful materials you have chosen for your kitchen, my choice would be for a backsplash that does not vie for attention with everything else.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 06, 2017
    I think a nice glass tile that is mostly neutral with some small splashes of color would look great.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 06, 2017
    So much available at Lowe's or Home Depot. Kitchen looks beautiful and it would certainly add to the beauty!

• Dorothy Dorothy on Dec 06, 2017
    I bought my house two years ago and have always wanted a "beachy" theme. I wanted specific colors and wood; reclaimed wood or driftwood. The kitchen was pretty plain, but having just bought the place, my budget was pretty tight.

• Ken Ken on Dec 06, 2017
    Well said. It's about balance and considering how each design element works within the whole. A backsplash which attracts no attention could be thought of as sacrificing for the greater good.

• Julie Nelson Julie Nelson on Dec 07, 2017
    I used a copper colored paint so the backsplash didn't clash with the countertop