Son's Kitchen: Got a stainless Steel Island. I want to add back/sides.

+8
My son has a 800 sq foot house. It was stripped & gutted (divorce: renters?). I got a stainless steel island for the kitchen. I was thinking about a black lacquered beadboard for back and sides just for extra storage. Anyone have a better solution?
q son s kitchen got a stainless steel island i want to add back sides
stainless steel island
My inspirational piece (minus the bar stools)
  • Charly Charly on Dec 08, 2017
    Attach peg board. Paint black. Can be used for pots and pans, spoons, etc.

• Brenda Brenda on Dec 08, 2017
    Like your example a lot! Don’t know what else would work. in that he may rent, I would just make sure it was durable without showing wear. Perhaps you could browse a big box store and talk to staff about what is durable and economical.

• Lorne Lepage Lorne Lepage on Dec 08, 2017
    Hello, personally I would install the materials inside the upright posts, just to show off the ss and easier to build the complete box before installing into the island...just my thoughts, The Ridgid Ranger.

• Charlene murphy Charlene murphy on Dec 08, 2017
    Cut pieces of board like 3" to attach horizontally to the posts with metal tapcons. For the BACK & SIDES he might cut plywood pieces to attach to the thin board/trim pieces and cover with wine corks using a hot glue gun.

• Beckie Beckie on Dec 08, 2017
    Hi 👋. My first thought when I saw this Super Cute Island was Diamond Plate! Like they make those fancy Toolboxes for trucks! You can buy them at big box stores; Menards, Lowe’s, etc. The people at the store can advise you regarding fasteners to use. Just another option for you-please post your final solution!

• Lori Lori on Dec 08, 2017
    What about a black leather look vinyl hung all around on rods and if you wanted a tighter fit use rods on the bottom.You could use any material or pattern you like.

• Joanie Joanie on Dec 08, 2017
    I think this is really a nice lookin' Island. I don't know what I would do, but I was thinkin', could you re do it all with stainless steel embellishments???