What is the best way to find a kitchen remodeler??

+2
  • Suzette Suzette on Jul 07, 2018

Hi Arl, I would suggest Angie's list. They only recommend reputable businesses and provide reviews!

Good luck!

• Thelma H Thelma H on Jul 07, 2018

Ask your lumber yard for a recommend. Always get references as well as several quotes. I saved $1500 on my roof repair.

• 16999903 16999903 on Jul 07, 2018
    I would go to Lowes or ask friends that have personal experience, not just "a friend of a friend" recommendation. The check the BBB and see if they have complaints or recommendations.

To Suzette.....not negating your suggestion of Angie's List, but I had very bad experiences with them twice. I tried to find a budget friendly exterior window washing company and called three of their top recommendations. One was offering a special discount, so I called them. The owner start yelling at me for asking about a couple of odd shaped windows telling me I wanted him to do "something for nothing". I was doing this for my elderly mother's house and needed to be very frugal with her money. I asked him why he offered a special and he started screaming in another language and then hung up.

The other time was my name popped up showing I recommended a certain Auto AC company...which I never did. I called them, and they were just as angry. They said AL reps called him to buy their list of customers to use on their web site, but they didn't say the names would be published. He and I both got on the phone and cancelled with them. It's too bad too....but then I don't see AL ads much anymore. I think the public is on to them. Sorry again....nothing about you....just another perspective.

• Joanne Joanne on Jul 07, 2018
    I always read the comments from other clients on Homestars.com. This has saved me more than once from contractors who are untrustworthy. It also lets me find a good contractor quickly!

• Dee Dee on Jul 07, 2018

Try HOUZZ search for professionals. Get friends recommendations, but interview everyone and check refrences and insurance..Protect yourself in case of an accident. If possible view the contractors work.