What is the least inexpensive way to do this?

+2
I need to re-do my kitchen for very little money. I am on a fixed incom, so I will probably have to do one project at a time. House is over 100 yrs. old, old plaster on ceiling falling dow,cabinets home made, tile coming up on floor, etc. what is the least expensive way to do this?
q what is the least inexpensive way to do this
Ceiling
Cabinets
Floor
Woodburner
Dinnwe table nook
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 27, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/1569100/popcorn-ceiling-makeover-low-budget-big-impact

https://www.hometalk.com/categories/makeovers/kitchen

• Mfbandit769 Mfbandit769 on Dec 27, 2017
    The least expensive way to renovate a 100 yr old kitchen is to hire a professional. I wouldn't touch the wiring, plumbing, etc. because I guarantee you will spend more in the long run when you have to bring in the pros to fix your mistakes.

• Incomity Incomity on Dec 27, 2017
    One step at a time. 1. de-clutter. Get rid of everything not needed, not used. Clear walls and cabinets of everything. You'll be able to envision how you want the space to look. 2. Take care of safety issues. (faulty wiring, for example).3. Start from the top (ceiling/ ceiling lighting 4. cabinets.... etc. ending with the floor. To pay for the work : Barter service for work, if you have some skills others may need. If you are elderly, see if the city or county has programs that will help. My city has such a program. If neither will work, pay as you go. Love that stove. Good luck.

• Uncommonsensesc Uncommonsensesc on Dec 27, 2017
    Incomity is absolutely right about decluttering and safety - decluttering has to be done before you can assess what needs to be done, and safety is a must. You don't want yourself or anyone else getting hurt fixing things. Once the decluttering is done, scrub everything so you can really see what is going on. If you're handy at household repairs, then take your time and you'll get there. On the cabinets, you can sand them and paint at your leisure. If you have Habitat for Humanity Restores nearby, check there for cheap paint, cabinet handles, different light fixtures. Sometimes thrift stores have these things too, or yard sales. Around here the Dollar stores have cheap peel and stick floor tiles that are really nice (Lowes and Home Depot have a good selection of low-priced vinyl flooring tiles too). I really like Incomity's idea about checking with your city or county about programs. If you have a church you attend, ask around there too.