How to create storage in a small laundry room?

• Aallegretto Aallegretto on Jan 24, 2019

Hard to answer without knowing what you are working with. If you have a shelf you could add baskets. If no shelf you could add a cubbie shelf and use as shelves or add baskets if you want something more discreet. You could also add either wire shelf or cabinet above the washer and dryer if you had space.

• See 1 previous
    • Aallegretto Aallegretto on Jan 25, 2019

I would try to convince her to declutter what she has and go from there to open the space as much as possible. You may be surprised at how much space there is to work with after getting rid of the things that aren’t used. If it’s household chemicals (often the case in the laundry room), ask if your client actually uses them. Is she an older person? Sometimes the elder aren’t aware of what they have and can use gentle coaching to scale back on what they have.

• I recently added some simple wooden shelves from Lowe's to my small laundry room and it helped. I don't know if you have space for that though. If you can add a photo, we might have some more ideas :)

• Katie coxaj Katie coxaj on Jan 25, 2019

I mentioned to my friend before I came to home talk about the storage shelves she just has ALOT of stuff

• Dee Simmons Dee Simmons on Jan 25, 2019

You can put up shelves any place you have open wall space and then use baskets or bins on the shelves to store stuff. You can also put hooks for hanging stuff. I have a small laundry area as well and am getting ready to tear the few cabinets I have over the washer and dryer down and put up open shelving since the cabinets restrict how much space you have. Good luck.