I live in an apt but want up a fireplace mantle

+2
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Dec 21, 2017
    Do you want it to look like you have a fireplace, or do you want to just put up a mantle to put pictures and things on.?

• Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 21, 2017
    Do not install anything on the walls that will leave any marks when removed, or anywhere in the apt permanently without first having written permission of the landlord. Doing so may not only cause you to lose your damage deposit but also you risk getting fined for making unauthorized changes to the apartment.
    It is possible to purchase free-standing (not attached)fireplace units with mantels. These operate with electricity by plugging into a standard wall outlet.

• Mar31895609 Mar31895609 on Dec 21, 2017
    I had one in my old apt.bought it myself used at garage sale. Landlord let me put it up with an understanding that if there was damage I would have to fix upon moving. No problem when I moved.little filling of holes and I painted room for him. He even supplied paint

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 21, 2017
    I love our electric fireplaces. I almost cried when we tore down our real double-sided fireplace with the two mantles, in order to open up the kitchen to the family room. But the fireplace stuck out into the room and was very wide. Anyway, what I thought was a big beautiful piece of wood on each side turned out to be hollow three-sided boxes. You could build a hollow box from thin wood and hang it from Command strips. You couldn’t put heavy Decor on it, but it would be a perfect place to use plastic reindeer and garland and battery-operated lights 😇