HELP!!

+15

I just purchased my first home and I am trying to figure out a cohesive living room and kitchen layout. Its super awkward and I need help! Thank you in advance!

q help
q help
q help
q help
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 21, 2021

Hello before answering, where do the doors go to side of French doors end, and what are the black and white items shown?

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jul 21, 2021

Are these all outside walls? A bit unclear on where the living room vs kitchen is? Could you explain a bit more? Some dimensions would help also.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Jul 21, 2021

Are you wanting help with the layout of the living room and the kitchen?

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Jul 21, 2021

Maybe have the couch facing the doors

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Jul 21, 2021

Could you give a little more information? It looks like that black thing is the refrigerator, but where is the rest of the kitchen.

• If this is a room where you'll be watching TV, put the sofa on the solid wall to the right of the french doors and the tv on the small wall across from it. The niche can be filled with shelves for display or storage or a built-in desk.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jul 21, 2021

Hello. I am confused as well I don’t see a sink or stove. The suggestion would be to not get oversized furnishings to overwhelm your space. Select comfortable furniture that is necessary versus decorative. Often adding a wall mirror if there is room can amplify expand your living space. Sometimes looking at floorplans and room settings over on houzz could be suggested

congratulations on your first home purchase!

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jul 21, 2021

Congratulations on your new home! I am also questioning the design you posted along with the other answers. Is that the refrigerator?

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jul 21, 2021

you could use an island to separate the rooms if it is one big open room you can also find apps or online programs for free that lets you see how to place furniture, etc.

https://www.mymove.com/home-inspiration/decoration-design-ideas/easy-ways-rock-open-floor-plan-layout/

https://www.elledecor.com/design-decorate/g8942056/open-floor-plans/

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 21, 2021

Sorry but I don't have a clue what the black and gray things are.

Aren't going to have a stove or a dishwasher?

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 21, 2021

Without seeing where the kitchen is or how you will use the room, I would in general put the couch across from the french doors.

• Rymea Rymea on Jul 22, 2021

You need to tell us where the plumbing is for the sink

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 22, 2021

So make the living room face the kitchen. So people could see who is in there then arrange other furniture around couch end tables coffee table tv ECT.

• Dee Dee on Jul 23, 2021

The sketch is very confusing. Where is your kitchen. I see only a living room.

• Our family room is open to our kitchen. We have a table and chairs in-between the space (more in the kitchen tho,) with some space in-between the two rooms.

• Janice Janice on Jul 24, 2021

Hi Jenna, Congratulaltions on your new home! I opened your pic in a new tab but could still not figure out the current floor plan or where appliances, etc. are located so not able to provide good suggestions now. Is the main wall that looks textured the main wall in your living room? So manyof us would love to help answer but without more details, it's difficult. Thanks!

• Annie Annie on Jul 25, 2021

Where is the kitchen currently? The kitchen need plumbing so it will be the most work to re locate.....

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 25, 2021

Are the top two the kitchen? and the bottom one the living room? label the doors and doorways to we can see where the living room joins the kitchen, and what are the exterior doors.

If you have an open plan, I would suggest an island with pendent lights and stools on the side of the living room to make a bit of division without blocking sight line. I like to use Houzz for inspiration and in case I haven't thought of something.... https://www.houzz.com/photos/query/kitchen-island-and-open-floor-plan-to-living-room So I would say if you entertain larger groups, do you want to face the kitchen so you can participate while preparing and serving food..... if not then I would face the back of the sofa to the kitchen island with space for walking and having some stools there. Pendants can add drama and changeable lighting and also make the two decors match in style.