One great way to furnish your home on a budget is to frequent garage sales.
When shopping garage sales be sure to look for damage to pieces and try to negotiate! Do not take home a project you don’t think you can repair- then it’s just a waste of money.
These bookcases were a steal and while the back had a small hole I knew I could come up with a plan to fix that issue.
How to easily refinish:
- Start by cleaning the piece well
- Usually I would start with a primer but to tell the truth I was out- so I went straight to paint.
- Use a furniture paint that is best for beginners. I love Fusion Mineral paint for ease of use and how well it sticks to most surfaces!
- For a piece like this going mid-toned to white it took me 4 coats of white and 2 coats of top coat- also from Fusion Mineral!
- Now how will we fix that hole? Peel and stick wallpaper! This wallpaper will also be featured in the room so I love tying it all together and solving the hole issue all in one swoop! Remove the back easily with a drill, apply wallpaper, and screw back in place.