For the full story go to.... http://nesthomeinteriors.com/blog/sweater-stool-diy
Have an old footstool that's seen better days?
Well, give it a spa day... a little pampering, some paint and a cozy new sweater and it'll be refreshed and ready for another decade!
Old sweater (As I had none I was willing to sacrifice, I found mine at Goodwill)
Staple gun with 1/4" staples
1. Unscrew and remove padded top*
2. Lightly sand and paint stool
3. Pull sweater over padded top
4. Pull tight and staple on the bottom
5. Trim sweater
6. Once paint has dried, screw padded top back on
***If your stool is just a wood topped stool, you make your own padded top by wrapping batting over the top and stapling to the bottom. Then cut the sweater larger than the stool top, pull tight over batting and staple at bottom.***
Sweater Stool DIY
Published February 21st, 2014 11:00 AM
3 of 22 comments