I found this chair at a garage sale type of group on Facebook and started flirting with going on the crazy DIY adventure and learn how to reupholster a Victorian armchair. The price was great and the condition of the chair was pretty good. I fell in love with the curves and details of the frame. However, I did not like the fabric and colors. Simply not my style. So I decided she needed to undergo a makeover. It took about 4 days because I worked on it a couple of hours each day.
This is how it looked before.
Some people, including some pros, just upholster over the old fabric. YES, it’s a hell lot easier that way. However, in most cases, I get a terrible eeeckkk factor because the fabric simply reeks! So in general, I prefer to remove everything. And that's exactly what I did here.