Ideas needed for the gap between the wall and the reclining sofa

+8
We just purchased a reclining sofa that is a wall hugger. There is still a small space between the wall and the sofa that can be seen as you enter the front door. Any suggestions on how to hide the gap?
  • Mary Mary on Apr 21, 2016
    Yes buy an artificial plant and perch up on a small stool.

• Sherry Sherry on Apr 21, 2016
    Move couch to different wall.

• Connie Connie on Apr 21, 2016
    The plant idea sounds good as it would camouflage the line of sight. I don't know if this would work or not but I've seen many narrow behind the sofa tables that look great given the right setting.

• William William on Apr 21, 2016
    The little gap is still needed so the back of the sofa doesn't rub against the wall. Try a strip of coordinating fabric and pin it to the top to hide the gap.

• Debi53 Debi53 on Apr 21, 2016
    There is no rule that says furniture has to sit right against the wall. This really is not a problem.

• Debbie Martin Debbie Martin on Apr 21, 2016
    I am not opposed to it being away from the wall. The recliners are electric and you can see the cords. Not so cool looking.

• Texasrunner Texasrunner on Jun 21, 2018
      I have same problem on both sides and there is no other wall to put it on. I have plants there now but looking for other creative ideas.

• Heidi Gott Heidi Gott on May 03, 2020

Did you ever figure something out? We are fixing to buy a reclining sofa and not sure what to do with the space either

• Salena Salena on Jan 12, 2021

what do you think of waines coating or bead board on that wall. It will have the same space between wall and sofa but at least it wont be a bare wall.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Apr 08, 2021

A tall plant or tree could hide the view of the gap.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Sep 13, 2021

Floor Plant or Sculpture etc.