Looking for organizing tips for my favorite recipes

+6
I always cook too much. How do I cut favorite family recpies Now th

• William William on Dec 18, 2017
    Just cut down the ingredients by the amount you need. 1/2, 1/3, etc.

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Dec 18, 2017
    I'm in the same boat.

For some things, like casseroles or spaghetti sauce-type things, I cook a normal batch and freeze the excess in portions I can use at one sitting. For other things, I just cook smaller.

Divide your favorite family recipes' ingredients by 4 OR try new recipes designed for one/two servings. Here's a bunch of ideas: http://allrecipes.com/recipes/476/everyday-cooking/cooking-for-two/

• Peg Peg on Dec 18, 2017
    You can divide the recipe or make full recipe and put half away in freezer.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 18, 2017
    Cut the recipes in half and freeze the remainder in meal size containers for future use. Be sure to label and date so that you do not forget what is in the container.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 18, 2017
    I put the extra in the freezer for days when I don't feel like cooking.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 18, 2017
    Here is how I began to learn how to cut recipes in half.... use a calculator. Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to do it without it.... http://kinja-labs.com/ingredient-cutter/
    I keep my recipes in binders cause I can stand them up on the counter.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 20, 2017
    Use a photo album

• Mar25730150 Mar25730150 on Dec 20, 2017
    I have done this with much success. I went with ingredients. Apples, strawberry, blueberry, zucchini, sweet potato, buttermilk etc in one box and by alphabet in another.. I have appetizers, cookies, candy, cake, muffins, breads among meats, vegetables, salads, canning etc. So if I have that necessary ingredient I go to that box. If I want a hot dish or salad or appetizer I go to that box. Works for me. Especially if have say buttermilk or zucchini to use up. Oh yeh. I also have sections for Greek, Italian, pioneer woman, ina Garten, brunch, and friends recipes. You can customize however works for you but I have found this very helpful. I sometimes cross file such as strawberry coffee cake is under strawberry and also under brunch tabs. Good luck!

I can’t seem to get this to behave! Try two boxes. One for alphabet, appetizers, candies, salads, vegetables, meats, cookies etc. The other by ingredient such as apples, blueberries, strawberries, rhubarb, zucchini, buttermilk etc Add tabs for friends, brunch, Greek, Italian, Pionerr Womam, Ina Garten recipes if you use those type. I sometimes double file. Strawberry coffee cake under brunch and strawberry. Good luck.