Tired of kitchen counters FULL. Don't know where to put things!

+6
Blender, toaster, important papers I don't want to loose, food processor, instant pot, cutting board, coffeemaker and more on kitchen counter-looks so busy & don't know where to put.

• Barbara Baldwin Barbara Baldwin on Dec 02, 2017
    Story of my life...I found a sofa table. Put it against a wall, plugged in a power strip. Put less used appliances on it. Bought a huge, cheap 5 shelf shelving, put stuff on it. I put cups on a wall, spices on a wall. When looking for more room, look up. Peg boards, etc

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 02, 2017
    Intermediate Shelf??????????

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 02, 2017
    Get some kind of enclosed file to put your important into and keep it with your cookbooks or in the bedroom or somewhere they will not be damaged but assessable when you need them. If nothing else get a three ring notebook and the clear pages you can insert the papers into. I do this with gardening pages I have printed, recipes printed, user manuals for all appliances and electronics, I even put the seeds I gather for planting next year in baggies after they have dried and put them in my gardening notebook. The coffee maker you may want to keep out. For all the small appliances, especially the ones you don't use as often, put them in the back of a cupboard behind the things you use more often. You can also put them on a shelf in your laundry room. I am lucky that I have a storeroom/workroom with a lot of shelves that I put appliances in. I always keep the boxes of the ones I know will not be used real often and keep them on a shelf somewhere. I have a upper kitchen cabinet in my garage that I keep the larger hard to place pots and pans in like soup pots, extra large frying pans, etc. I hope this helps you some.

• Arleigh Arleigh on Dec 02, 2017
    I would also love ideas for this. Ideas that are inexpensive and will free up counter space.

• Patti Patti on Dec 02, 2017
    I really dont have a question. Well yes I guess I do. I live in an old Mobile Home. Very small kitchen I have my coffee pot and microwave out. But I use my mixer and crockpit a lot. There in a cabinet above the stove and vent. So hard for me to reach cause I'm not the tallest person around. Started putting my important things away like you said in folders. But I can't attach anything to the walls since I'm renting. Help me Please

• Caseyem11 Caseyem11 on Dec 02, 2017
    i keep everything but the kettle and coffee maker off the counter. To make room to store everything else I reduced the number of pots and pans, casserole dishes and serving pieces I had. I eliminated the blender and kept a food processor and immersion blender. If storage is limited, eliminating items is the only solution.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 02, 2017
    Start with removing everything. That gives you a better idea what space is really there. Important papers should go into a bright colored file, thus protected from kitchen dirt. It takes up little room that way. You might want to think about a central location like a command center for important stuff. That said, a kitchen cart, small island, etc. could be your solution to the small appliances. Only keep out what you use every day.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 02, 2017
    I don't use it nearly everyday it goes in the cabinet. Put things like paper you don't want to lose away in a desk or file. Blender, toaster, papers, instant pot, cutting boards all should be put away. A microwave cart would come in handy. That would free up counter space. Put things that are together. Example, make a coffee station where the coffee maker, mugs, coffee, tea, etc. are. The coffee maker could be on the counter with the accessories abovie in a cabinet.

• Pascale Nguyen Pascale Nguyen on Dec 03, 2017
    Around the Holidays I put all small appliances in the pantry except for coffeemaker and toaster. Put all your important papers in a napkin holder.
    Try to put your cutting boards in a cabinet, underneath your drawer of knives?