How do I create storage for blankets?

+3
  • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Jan 16, 2019

I think the easiest way would be to buy a storage chest like the ones they sell very inexpensively at places like Homegoods. You can place in front of your bed.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 16, 2019

Hi Neicy,

Under bed Boxes, (polythene low storage) or taller ones with lids that will stack, or Buy an Ottoman blanket box - new or used. or lay under the mattress ....

• JudyH JudyH on Jan 16, 2019

If you are asking about off season storage solution then use the space bags where you vacuum the air out. They are amazing! If you want to keep extra blankets handy in winter, try a low profile plastic or fabric bin under the bed. Another option would be a hinged bench at the foot of your bed so the blankets could be stored inside.

• SusieQ SusieQ on Jan 17, 2019

I put an extra blanket in a vintage suitcase and place at the foot of the bed

• Cindy Cindy on Jan 18, 2019

Hi Neicy. I have a big basket in my living room that I use to hold blankets and throws. Easy access for anyone who wants to snuggle and watch a good movie. I made it myself. I watched a couple tutorials on You Tube. I started with a giant box (from Chewy) and put a blanket on the inside that I cut and glued in place with my hot glue gun. Then I started wrapping rope (clothes line rope) around the box. I used an old leather belt and cut it in half for the handles. I glued them on and wrapped the handles on with the rope too. I was surprised at how cute it turned out. If I can do it, anybody can. Good luck Neicy.

• Oliva Oliva on Jan 19, 2019

If you have the space and the cash, invest in an antique blanket chest. These hold a tremendous number of blankets, and were usually cedar lined. Many have custom paintings, copper trim work, heavy duty hendles, interior slide out "glove drawers".