How can I store Christmas decorations?

+2
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 27, 2018

Louise...I use plastic totes and put them in my basement. Yes, it is difficult going up and down stairs with them but I love Christmas and have many of my mother's decorations. I love to see them out each year and continue to do it. I also find the totes make it much easier and everything remains safe and sound from year to year.

• Mtflower Mtflower on Dec 27, 2018

I put all my decorations in plastic totes with lids., you can buy all different sizes. You can stack them as high as you need to. I also have the big ones that some of my trees go in. No more cardboard boxes or bags. By putting your decorations in totes you can put everything in each tote that I need for whatever project I am working on then label the tote. Saves so much time and clutter.

• Katie Sara Creates Katie Sara Creates on Dec 27, 2018

I try to keep the original box or packaging an ornament or decoration comes in, and then use large, clear totes to store everything together under our stairs. Because the totes are clear, I can tell what's in them without having to drag them out just to remove the lid.

• Everything Pretty Everything Pretty on Dec 27, 2018

I used to store them in the original box, but it took up so much room! Now I have small bins like this one https://amzn.to/2Ripawp

It's so much easier to put them on and take them down. I don't use the top row and set large ornaments on top.

• To Work With My Hands To Work With My Hands on Dec 28, 2018

I've used large, plastic storage boxes for years. They're sturdy, stackable, and will practically lasts forever.