How to cheaply make my porch 3 seasons

I live in a mobile home. We have a big porch with top to bottom old glass windows. How can we cheaply make it warm enough to be a 3 season porch. Without spending a lot of money? Mobile homes are rarely addressed in fix-it yourself community forums. Thank you.

• Rob32328534 Rob32328534 on Jul 01, 2018
    Hi Roz, One easy cheap way would be to foam insulate with low expansion spray foam around any gaps and then use the clear plastic insulating window covering that you seal on with a hairdryer. That would keep it warmer for you.

• Roz Roz on Jul 01, 2018
      Thank you....I sure will give that a try in Sept. or Oct...anything that lets me stay out on the porch longer will make me happy.. :) thanks again....

• Deb K Deb K on Jul 01, 2018
    You can also think about a little space heater to put in on the cooler days, and there are the fire gels that are safe to use indoors

• Mindshift Mindshift on Jul 03, 2018

A three-season porch means spring, summer and fall. Your main problem season is summer due to heat. Shade cloth cuts out about 70% of sunlight, which is still bright enough for shade-loving plants. Just don't use green shade cloth as nothing grows well under that color. Shade cloth is available at most hardware and lumber stores, most often in black, blue, tan and green. Shade cloth cuts down on wind, but still allows airflow. Instead of an air conditioner for truly hot days, consider an evaporative cooler (aka swamp cooler).

• Roz Roz on Jul 04, 2018

Thank you...that's worth a try.....grateful you relied