How can you make a 4 ft chain link fence more pleasing to the eye.

+3
  • Liz Liz on Jun 14, 2018
    hard to make it look like anything but chain link, however, if you have any dirt under the fence, plant morning glory seeds along the fence and in a few months, you will have a continuous vine with either purple or white flowers every morning. I have a large built in planter against an ugly block wall. The morning glories add mounded green with the flowers and it is the best thing I ever planted. If you live in a cold climate, you may have to trim it back after the first frost. Here in southern California, it is green all year long and looks great.

• Happy Days Hometalker Happy Days Hometalker on Jun 14, 2018
    Many communities have a 4 ft or 5 ft rule, around my neighborhood I have seen many chain link enhancements such as adding a lattice to the fence or plant bushes in front or behind the fence which affords more privacy and draws your eye away from the chain link.

• 1401470 1401470 on Jun 14, 2018
    Grow vines on it? Or hang planters on it. I have a friend who is taking this following sage planter box project and hanging them on her fence line. Think she's doing like three different herb boxes. Looking forward to seeing the end result. Anyways you could do something similar.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 14, 2018
    Morning glory seeds and plants are yard bullies, do not plant them, they are a overwhelming vining plant that just plain takes over, please do not plant it.
    You will not get rid of it.

• Linda Linda on Jun 17, 2018
    You can put colorful strips of plastic in the holes.