How do you decorate a pergola that is on top of a deck?

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 30, 2018
    Hi Ter,
    A pergola over a deck sounds lovely.
    An idea is to weave fabric in between the boards on top with delicate pouches pulled down also let the fabric hang down the sides to the desired length. Just remove it when bad weather comes and store away. Fabric stores like Joann have yards and yards of material with a huge variety of patterns to match your decor and fit in your budget.
    For decorations you could use hanging plants, mini-themed strings of lights,
    wrap the posts to create a theme for a holiday or a special event.
    Have fun!

• Nancy Nancy on Jun 30, 2018
    I have a pergola over my front porch. I made a cover out of ripstop fabric. It is attached from the underside by metal rods. Electrical conduit is a good choice...very cheap. I used pipe hangers and painted the pipe and ha gets white. Two the five rods have rod pockets to slide over the second and fourth rods. I used a heavier pipe to fit into pockets both ends that hang down which stabilizes it when windy. I can roll the sides up and down to shade the sun. Here are some pics.

• JudyH JudyH on Jun 30, 2018
    Plant Confederate Jasmine in large pots and place them at pergola support post. It will climb up and cover the top. I would suggest you avoid any kind of ivy - even the slow growers. And, no matter what, do NOT plant a wisteria vine! If you don't want to have to maintain plantings growing overhead, hanging ferns are always nice.