Is there anything I can put on the base of my light pole?

+1

Is there anything I can put on the base of my light pole in my yard to keep my weed eater from taking paint off of it? Grass grows right up to the base and I have to cut it. I need something to wrap around it that won't chip when the weed eater string hits it.

Thanks

Bill

• Pjo26908388 Pjo26908388 on Jun 30, 2018
    There are a few different things that you can do. There is a plastic tree ring that looks like bark dust or mulch. The grass could come out and the ring could be put down. Another option is to trim the lamp base with decorative rocks or add a base of brick or wood to complement the post. Since I am fond of plants it would likely become a little flower bed- there are easy care ground covers that may enhance both the post and the lawn.

• OceeB OceeB on Jun 30, 2018
    Bill, Is the light pole decorative ? You might want to just create a little paver surround that you would weed eat next too and just keep grass / weed killer on the paver area next to pole.

• KLI122 KLI122 on Jun 30, 2018
    Im in Florida and just planted a bed of Bromeliads around the pol. Then I put a ring of bricks around the plant. Pretty and almost maintenance free!

• Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Jul 01, 2018
    The only way to defend the pole from weeds, grass or weedwhacking is: Yank out all the grass and weeds in a 1 foot diameter, to place decorative stones around the pole. To secure against weeds [or anything else ever returning] remove topsoil and treat the underlain soil with 3 parts White Vinegar and 1 part Rock Salt, before placing decorative stones.