Almost 6/1 can I still plant grass seed?

+2
I live in Southern IN. On the Ohio River across from Louisville, KY. Dug up our yard, brought in truckload of dirt, so much rain in May we were waiting to plant out grass, now it's May 29 is it too late?
  • Rose Burrell Rose Burrell on May 28, 2017
    My husband just seeded our lawn a week ago and the grass is growing. So I would say yes you can seed now.

• Fsc19162333 Fsc19162333 on May 28, 2017
    It depends on the temperature. Also water,water.water!

• Gloria Bryant Gloria Bryant on May 29, 2017
    Water is vital, but if you can find old hay (not fresh), sprinkle it very lightly on top of the grass seed to act as mulch, keeping moisture from drying out.

• Treadle*b Treadle*b on May 29, 2017
    Live in Lex. KY. Definitely would seed now. May have to water until established, but should be up and good in a couple of weeks. We have had success even later in the year just with small patches due to construction, etc.

• Laura Laura on May 29, 2017
    I'm in southern Illinois, across Mississippi River from St. Louis, Missouri. You can plant but look for fast growing seed. And if it's in the sun all day, then water at least every other day. It dries out so fast on the surface. Good luck.