Are you supposed to mow your lawn different directions each time

+2
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 15, 2017
    I've heard people say that changing up the mowing pattern will keep the grass from always bending in the same direction. I don't know if I necessarily buy this. Grass grows, how grass grows. But I guess it can't hurt to switch it up from time to time

• Joanie Joanie on Jun 15, 2017
    The husband likes to mow diagonally.......it looks very neat!! We like it.....

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jun 15, 2017
    If you continue to mow in the same direction each time, over time the grass will show ruts where the wheels are. Especially if the grass is mowed when the earth is soft.

When you mow different ways, all the grass is cut to an equal length. Many times, especially if the blades are not sharp, the blades will just be bent, not cut.

When you turn the mower at the end of a row, many times the mower will scalp a small section of the lawn. Mowing different ways prevents the same area from being scalped.

• Jwisleder Jwisleder on Jun 15, 2017
    When you change directions you can see more clearly where you have just mowed. You can see the lines that are made by the wheels.

• Van19103281 Van19103281 on Jun 15, 2017
    I have heard that before. I have always mowed the same way every time and have never had a problem.