How do I make a cheap patio-like walk way?

+2

I have a pretty large spot that is covered by tree cover and has been muddy for several months. I want to make it where you can walk out to my fire pit you built. I tried old fence panels but I hey break very easily. Grass will by grow without sereioysky cutting back the trees. Any suggestions on what I can do that won’t cost a lot but will allow you to walk without caking mud on your shoes?

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Dec 30, 2018

Hi Cynthia. Sorry you are dealing with a muddy walkway. Have you thought of putting down paves or brick to walk on. Hope this helps you. Good luck

• William William on Dec 30, 2018

Cheapest would be to lay down some gravel or go with patio blocks or pavers.

• Oliva Oliva on Dec 31, 2018

2B gravel packed down with elevated pavers atop may work best for you.

To save soil runoff from muddying your walkpath, have you considered placing permanent edging around the walkpath zone?

If soil is muddy due to heavy clay, another option would be to dig the path area and incorporating sphagnum peat moss, perlite, and composted manure, before installing the pathway materials.

• Pavers are a great option for this and you can get them pretty inexpensively at your local home improvement store. They’re easy to lay down too.