Do you need a permit to do landscaping in your front yard?

+6
was wanting to put pavers down and rid my front yard of some of the weeds/grass. Is it allowed to do this without a permit and can you park a vehicle on it?

• BillieandRob Linhart BillieandRob Linhart on Jun 27, 2017
    You might check with your local codes department, but I think it is OK without having to purchase a permit. If you are going to be doing any digging though make sure to have utilities marked.
  • hi, it really depends on where you live. In my community, I didn't need one for a new front walk. I would not park my car on my pavers for several reasons: I don't want anything to drip from my car to discolor the pavers, my pavers are set in sand over crushed stone and I don't want any of them to sink or crack.
  • 13526476 13526476 on Jun 27, 2017
    Like the above Hometalkers, I'd double check with your local authorities as to landscaping issues. Here, we are free to landscape our properties but we do have limitations about parking on the front lawn,so do your homework to prevent future issues. Like the above recommendations, be sure to check with your local utilities.
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Jun 27, 2017
    Hello Melinda; This all depends upon where you live. If you are in a Subdivision which requires you to have a permit before doing something, then the answer is yes!
    I would check as the other Folks have suggested, before doing anything. It is better to be safe than to be sorry!!! Take Care and Good Luck with your projects!!
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Jun 27, 2017
    Check your building code, or bring in installers that have the answer to your question for your area. Some municipalities do not allow parking changes without a permit, even when simply replacing the surface.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 27, 2017
    When in doubt it is always best to check with your town.
  • Lorraine Lorraine on Jun 27, 2017
    thanks!
  • Dobarduff Dobarduff 4 days ago

Do you need a permit now?

• Vantenich Vantenich 4 days ago

If it was needed then, you need one now too.