Easy and inexpensive ways to hide a hitch on a manufactured home

+2
  • Joan Joan on Jun 15, 2018
    we just cut ours off.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jun 15, 2018
    Build a wood structure around it and leave the middle with an opening around it and turn it into a elevated garden.

• Mogie Mogie on Jun 15, 2018
    Easiest way would be to cut it off. You can do that with a torch but keep a hose handy in case you start a fire. If you are going to do that you might want someone with welding experience. If you don't want to do that landscape timbers or a mini picket fence around it.

• Tulsa Gwamah Tulsa Gwamah on Jun 16, 2018
    I went the route that Nancy took and added rose bushes on either side. You might also just plant one bush in the center of the hitch area and as it grows it will cover is completely. Butterfly bushes grow fairly quickly and it would, probably, cover the hitch within two growing seasons, three at the max. If you trim off the branches just below the bottom of the hitch you could also add some gladiolas, tulips, crocus (the possibilities are endless) and you would have complimentary flowers to the butterfly bush from early spring right through to fall. Plus you have planted a bush that butterflies and humming birds are drawn to. The one I planted two seasons ago is now so big that I had to trim it back to make mowing the lawn easier and see the other flowers that I planted underneath it. Just as a rough guess I'd say that mine is about four to six feet in diameter and about six feet high (or more).

• L. Creative L. Creative on Jul 05, 2018

How about wrap a birdhouse around it? If you plan to use it and dont want birds in it, just paint a hole don’t drill one!