Garden ideas on steep land?

+5
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 01, 2017
    Location and lighting?

• Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 01, 2017
    I would try a rock garden or a spreading groundcover.

• Fran,B. Fran,B. on Jun 02, 2017
    Ditto on the use of ground cover

• Marcie Marcie on Jun 04, 2017
    You will want to plan for erosion. Rock placement will help, and then you can plant around them. Grasses has an intricate root system that is good for preventing soil erosion. I also love baptisia - good for sun. The roots are deep and woody, and would be really good on a hill.

• Om Om on Jun 05, 2017
    Thank you all for reply. I live in London,UK.
    I have bamboo problem too, i have attached the pic when i inherited the garden. Don't worry its not like this now, its been moved, wild barries have been cleaned up and dugged them. most bits of bamboos have been cleaned by digging them out through roots . Although i get now and then shoots hereand there. Also there is similar bunch at neighbours and that is spreading too. So need your suggestions thanks.

• JS MysMan JS MysMan on Jun 05, 2017
    You need a root barrier between you and the neighbour to stop the bamboo coming through - for the slope I would do terracing to give you flat sections. Google "terrace a slope" and you sill see lots of ideas.

• Om Om on Jun 05, 2017
    is there any strongest herbicide for bamboo? common ones are not so strong.
    awaiting your reply. thanks in adavance

• Om Om on Jun 05, 2017
    Hi guys, sorry i didn't introduce , i am (husband) replying onbehalf of the query poster. thanks for your replies.