What are you favorite gardens plants?

+2
  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 10, 2017
    Do you have a question about garden plant care?

A great resource that I have used and highly recommend .....is your local Cooperative extension. These offices are manned by a wonderful team of master gardeners that know your local situation quite well. There's also email ( submit a photo) Q&A resources that have helped me many times. Consider googling up your local extensions office.

Do an internet search ask garden expert and your state ———you'll find.......

”Fill out the Ask an Expert form below to submit your question. An Extension Master Gardener will reply via email within 48 hours. Please provide as much relevant detail as possible. If you attach photos, please ...”

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 10, 2017
    lso haHi Hmcecilio, what is your question about gardens plants? Are you trying to decide where to put a garden with plants or what plants to put in a garden? As far as plants go, we need more information. Most of all, we need to know your Hardiness Zone, which can be looked up online. If we had your location, we could do that for you. We also need to know if the garden gets sun all day, no sun at all or somewhere in between. Do you want plants that are annals that are put in every year? Do you prefer perennials which can winter over if you're in a cold climate? Annuals are put in every year so you can change them out if you want something different or a different color each year. Perennials come back every year and are always the same color, but they also need pruning and dividing occasionally. Some perennials will actually take over a garden. I once tried daisies and ended up with a mess everywhere. LOL But other plants, such as hydrangea bushes come back beautifully with an occasional pruning or cutting back. The only thing you'll need to learn with something like that is when and how to actually do it. I'm sorry, that I'm not more help but without more information and knowledge of what plants work in your area it's pretty difficult to help you plan a garden. Personally, I'd have 3-4 landscape businesses come to my home for suggestions. I'd also choose one of them plant the larger items then put in smaller ones myself. Probably changing up their design to my liking. Wishing you the best.

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 10, 2017
    flower gardens? Veggies? Both? You do need to know your hardiness zone...you can look that up on line. Next, how do you use your yard...kids out playing? Pool? Veggies garden, flower garden? Wind breaks?

you know your yard best...low spots? High spots? Does water collect at a certain spot.? How much sunshine? And where in the yard? How much maintenance are you willing to do?

Map out your yard..it doesn’t have to be to scale...just note the dimensions patio is x feet. House is here. This spot holds water after rain. Consult with a landscape contractor...well worth thier advice. They can make a plan for your property and you can choose what plants you want. Best 50 bucks I ever spent. I installed the plan aver 3 years. You don’t have to do it all at once.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 11, 2017
    I love sticking color in. But I also like easy care. I usually will stick to working with succulents