How can a person with mobility issues plan, plant and work on a yard

+3
I have trouble which continues to get worse as the day goes on to move but I want to get gardens (flowers, trees, bird feeder and bird bath, etc) in my yard. I have so much to do to get it fixed up but need some help to decide on what plants to plant and where

• Tammi Tammi on Jun 18, 2018
    Raised garden boxes. If you want something in the ground put a really weed guard down , plant perennials, and use green weed preventer. The weed preventer will not kill existing weeds or roots but will keep new ones from germinating

• Ken Ken on Jun 18, 2018
    Sounds like you need some on-site advice from someone who understands your limitations and can see your yard, or at least detailed photographs from different perspectives. Your local garden center or nursery would be the place I would start. If they cannot provide the assistance you need they should at least be able to refer you to a landscape designer who will aid you in developing a plan.

• Doreen Ocasio Doreen Ocasio on Jun 18, 2018
    Thank you will be checking with them

• Rose Rose on Jun 19, 2018
    When I hurt my back. I discovered that some good tools helped. One was a stand up and stomp on it weeder. Another, upright pole with stacking compartments for veggies and strawberries or even flowers. But as above, a good nursery would be best for advice.

• Rob32328534 Rob32328534 on Jun 19, 2018
    Your local county extension office has Master gardeners who would come out for free and give you great advice without trying to sell you on something too! Whatever you do, get plenty of mulch to prevent weeds- for vegetable gardens, I put down newspaper, wet it and then mulch with straw. Very little weed problems. Preen makes an organic weed preventer to put down once it's planted and growing.

• Doreen Ocasio Doreen Ocasio on Jun 19, 2018
    Thank you, I know where to contact Master Gardeners in my area.