How do I add color to a yard with plants, art sculptures, etc?

+1
  • Cindy Cindy on Jan 09, 2019

Hello. Cindy here. Plants will add color to your garden. Plant like kinds together. You get more bang for your buck by planting flowers with the same color together rather than spaced out. Bigger groups create a lot of drama. Garden art usually looks nice. You can paint just about anything to go with the color you already have. Window boxes can help with structure and color too. I recently saw a post where someone made window boxes from old dresser drawers. Take the back of the drawer off. Then saw half of the drawer off and re- attach the back. Looked so cute. Remember to plant the tallest plants in the back of the bed. Next, working forward, put in plants with medium height. And put the shortest plants in the front. Doing this will create different levels. For hanging plants, pots, urns, and window boxes, put the taller plants in the center and ivy plants around it. Hope this helps you. Wishing you all the best.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Jan 10, 2019

I like using some well placed garden art, totums, etc. Also a nicely painted bench or chair in red or yellow. Have fun and enjoy your garden.

• CC CC on Jan 10, 2019

Thank you sooo much. I just purchased some old bowling balls and hope to incorporate them in my garden.

• 1401470 1401470 on Jan 10, 2019

I like to make garden signs, sharing one that I made over the summer.

https://www.gardenupgreen.com/2018/05/make-stencil-overlay-garden-signs.html