I am working on a foreclosure- what plants to make it look good?

and it needs work from top to bottom. I am located in south Alabama. Do you think mulch, soil, raised gardens, pots with hardy plants? What kind of plants can be planted in south during the winter. I want it to look good in front? would you recommend hardscape, borders and mulch. BTW also on a budget! LOL

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 28, 2017
    A pic of the property would be helpful. Unfortunately, things like raised beds are pretty buyer specific. What if they aren't interested in gardening, then they may pass up the property because they would need to make changes that could be costly, they might also feel guilty about tearing out someone's hard work, especially if it looks new. I would stick to flower beds and shrubs, something that gives it color and curb appeal, but doesn't scream "its going to cost a ton to redo this".

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 29, 2017
    Are you buying or selling the foreclosure?... If you have purchased it... talk to your LOCAL nursery... they can tell you what will survive the winter... and look good the rest of the year too