I'm looking to stop rain/melting snow from getting to a shed roof

+2
I'm looking to stop rain/melting snow from getting to a shed roof under the deck. (Put in a shed, with it's own roof, under this deck). Rain/melting snow finds route through deck floor boards to corrugated roof areas (of shed) and drips into shed and onto equipment. Have caulked areas inside shed many times. Now thinking along lines of 1. caulking cracks between wooden deck planks or 2. covering the deck floor totally with a decorative flooring. Thinking that if I stop water on top/floor of deck, water will not get to shed roof. I know it sounds complicated. Hope this explains. Looking for a relatively frugal way to deal with this.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 16, 2017
    Have you tried putting a tarp over the top of the shed? Overlap it to keep rain and snow from blowing under the roof.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Dec 16, 2017
    Sorry but I don't believe that you will have a positive answer and this is why,unless the deck is made of man made material closing it off will allow water to puddle onto deck wood and that will cause a new problem. I would sooner cover the shed roof with a tarp to protect it forms environment.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 16, 2017
    I don't know if you can find something like this, but if you don't want to caulk or use decorative flooring to cover the deck, what about a temporary tarp? The problems with that, of course are finding one big enough and finding a way to keep it down on the deck in what could be a windy area. I like the idea of the decorative flooring, but it won't be frugal. Here are some using the underdeck:

This one comes from another Hometalk question. Some of the people involved come from GA, as does their answer so unless you're near them in GA just skip those. Wishing you the best.
    https://www.hometalk.com/177094/q-i-have-a-patio-below-a-wood-deck-when-it-rains-it-drips-thru-the-deck-onto

I have a patio below a wood deck. When it rains it drips thru the deck onto patio.Ideas to keep patio dry inexpensively?

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 16, 2017
    I agree, caulking the deck or adding a top coat to it could cause water pooling and potentially freezing making the deck a dangerous skating rink. How about getting a piece of polycarbonate resin panel and completely covering the shed roof at an angle to cause the water/snow to drain off the top either to the front or back of the shed. You could use a 2x2 and a 2x4 on top the shed to angle it. Polycarbonate is $26 a sheet.

• Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Dec 16, 2017
    Put a tarp over the shed roof. A dark brown one will be nearly invisible. Fasten in place with bungee cords or rope.