How to build a fish pond? how deep does it need to be?

+2
What do I use for a wall or what is the best type wall to use? I would also like to build one that is easiest to build without complications.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 19, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=fish%20ponds

• Alison Savill Alison Savill on Jun 19, 2018
    my uncle used a fibre glass boat it’s brilliant go on YouTube got some brilliant ideas

• Ken Ken on Jun 19, 2018
    Fish pond kits are available from a number of sources and usually your garden centers will offer some. More are available with a simple Google search or on Amazon. As for complications, they are like bugs in software. NO ONE wants them but they happen. Count on it.

• Why not visit a garden and pond store - they have varieties that are like plastic pools that only require you to dig out a hole and drop them in, then you can decorate around them as you see fit.

• Carol Fisher Galyon Carol Fisher Galyon on Jun 19, 2018
    Old bathtub would be great but very heavy. We found a garden tub at yard sale ,but still lined it with the rubber in case tub cracked. Hasn't cracked. We dughole as deep and wide. You can also was the thick rubber liner used for ponds. How deep depends on where you live. We live in Knoxville, Tn. Our pond is 4 ft deep and we run
    a pond pump inside the filter box all year. Has never frozen solid. Fish are dormant in winter so do not feed.
    Good luck!