Cheapest way to put a small pond in my backyard?

I cannot afford expensive pumps or tubs & stones....what is the CHEAPEST WAY I CAN ACHIEVE THIS????

• Debby Dale Debby Dale on Jun 15, 2018
    I have seen some done with kiddy pool, Under $15 at the dollar stores. Then use several bags of landscape stones around it.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 15, 2018
    A kiddie pool is a good suggestion from Debbie.
    I did a version of the kiddie pool and put in a strawberry garden, it worked fine for a couple of years and then the plastic broke down from the freeze thaw cycles here in Maryland. It was a mess, the plastic broke into lots of little pieces and had to be cleaned up, does not recycle itself.
    If you choose to put in a little pond and not have water cycled through it, be aware you are creating a habitat for mosquitoes.

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jun 15, 2018
    You have to have a circulating pump...for aeration for the fish and even if you don't put in fish, you want to keep it from becoming a pond for misquotes.

You can use a very heavy plastic for the liner and you can probably go to a place that sells dirt and mulch and see if they have rocks for sale. They sift these out of dirt they sell and may have some for sale cheaply.