Looking for a grass or ground cover to help stop erosion in the shade?

• Juliefrontera Juliefrontera on Jun 10, 2017
    We have huge black walnut trees that give beautiful dense shade but limits what will grow underneath. I've had great luck with Boston ivy, not English Ivy.

• Elaine Elaine on Jun 11, 2017
    Pachysandra is my favorite! It loves the shade, grows very thick and stays at a height of about 6" or so. Leaves are very glossy and the plant is easy to propagate. To take cuttings: snip off cuttings about 4" in length, remove a few of the bottom leaves, insert a pencil in the garden bed at a 30 degree angle, insert cutting, tamp soil down around the cutting and keep soil lightly watered (not soaked) and that's it! There's NO need to start the cuttings inside the house - just plant them in the outside bed where you want them. I only bought about 4 little pots to start and over time, filled in a 50' length bed down the entire shady side of my house. It looked beautiful.

• Sha23944234 Sha23944234 on Jun 12, 2017
    Zoyer grass looks like a carpet & is thick. spreads quickly
    blocks out weeds