How can I use cinderblocks to frame a flowerbed?

+3

I want to make a flowerbed around my trees . How can I use cinder blocks to do this and make it look real nice ?

• Mary Mary on Feb 02, 2020

I am not getting any response!! What am I doing wrong?

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Feb 03, 2020

Hi Mary. I hope this video helps you make a beautiful flowerbed around your tree. Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

0:08

3:15

Suggested clip · 89 seconds

www.youtube.com › watch

How to Create a Tree Ring | The Home Depot - YouTube

• Craft Invaders Craft Invaders on Feb 03, 2020

They've used cinder blocks here to make a circular bed which might give you some ideas

https://www.hometalk.com/3721532/keyhole-garden-bed-method-a-compost-and-garden-bed-in-one

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Feb 03, 2020

Does it have to be cinderblocks? If you edge it with smaller bricks you can set them at the same level as the grass and tada! Mowing is so much easier - no edge trimming required!

• Rymea Rymea on Feb 04, 2020

Concrete blocks would make a deep bed. Just be careful to not add too much soil over the tree roots. It will smother and kill the tree. Bricks might be a better choice.

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 04, 2020

Hi Mary: First of all, dig a trench around your tree about as deep as the bricks are thick. Pound the dirt down with a tamper, as hard as you can. Then, put in some leveling sand and tamp that down. Then, put the blocks on top of that. They should be at least 1/2 way into the trench. Make sure they are level. Then, if you are going to put another level on, have the second level stones fit over the first level by covering 1/2 of the bottom stone on each side, like roof shingles. Secure them with mortar or cement glue. Just be sure they are level side to side and front to back. Then, fill in any gaps in the dirt with more dirt, preferably the dirt you dug from the trench, and tamp that in firmly, on both front and back. It's a lot of work, but it should look nice. Use this technique for pavers or blocks. Good luck