Would a pool add value to your property?🤔

+3
  • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Jun 13, 2017
    I would imagine it depends on your area of the country. However, I've always heard that it is not a slam dunk Ike a kitchen or bathroom remodel in terms of adding value.

• Betty Holland Betty Holland on Jun 13, 2017
    I agree with Ana, it depends on a lot of factors. We bought a house with a pool once & ended up digging it out & planting a garden (which was expensive). But maintenance on the pool was a hassle & expensive so we decided the garden would be easier.

If I were to look for a house now, I would avoid ones that have pools. Again though, it depends on your family, location, etc.

• John pyles John pyles on Jun 13, 2017
    No , but your home owners insurance will increase

• Caseyem11 Caseyem11 on Jun 13, 2017
    Most realtors say no. Huge legal liability in addition to maintenance costs in the eyes of many buyers.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 13, 2017
    It depends on lots of things. One is whether the pool is incorporated into the landscape and the overall landscape adds value. Another is the type of pool- if it is above ground, it isn't considered a permanent fixture since it can be taken down so there is no real estate value there. The main thing to consider is that the value of a pool is whether or not the owner wants one.

• Lucie Bakala Lucie Bakala on Jun 13, 2017
    no, swimming pool is a big no for many family. It means work. Let them have the option of adding one if they want to, instead of having to get rid of it $