Tomato cage tags? Garden layout graphing program?

What would be a good way to make tags to attach to tomato cages? Also I tried to find a free (of course), easy-to-use graphing program to record our garden layout. No luck so I just made a table in Word, but there must be something better.

Peg
  • Diana of all Trades Diana of all Trades on Jun 02, 2017
    For the tags, I would just print up the name of the plant and use self laminating pouches. For a layout I found a free one by googling square foot garden layout. It was several years ago so I don't have the website but it automatically told you how many of each plant you could put in a square foot.

• Ken Ken on Jun 03, 2017
    White plastic milk containers and a black permanent marker. Cut tags out of plastic to the size you desire. Garbage bag ties, bread bag ties to attach to cage. Hole punch will make easy to run bag tie.

Kenneth Drinkwater, Ashford, AL.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 03, 2017
    when my seedlings go from seedling to up potting- i transplant them into plastic dixie type cups. label them w/ black sharpie . when they get to the garden stage, in they go and i break off the dixie cup so the the name and type of plant is till visible and plant it beside the plant.