What are some low maintenance plants for the front rather than bushes?

+2
We are pulling our shrubs from the front of our home, they are old and woody. I would like to replace with something other than shrubs, but something low maintenance.
  • Janey B. Janey B. on Jun 11, 2017
    i like grasses. But get the ones that stay in one place not the kind that spread. You'll be killing those forever. Some are so beautiful and change color in the cooler fall climates. Also low growing shrubs would be good there. Maybe if there's enough space a dwarf weeping tree of some kind.

• Dan11209365 Dan11209365 on Jun 11, 2017
    I like to go with aloe vera plants... Besides being low maintenance, they can be used as healing for skin rash. Bug bites etc. Plus they look really nice in your yard!

• Jill Glover Jill Glover on Jun 11, 2017
    I love low growing plants which will show colour all year. Try some sedum. There are lots of different kinds and colours. The flower as well and don't need much maintenance.

• Marianne Patyk Marianne Patyk on Jun 11, 2017
    Verbena is one and dragon blood is another ground cover. Pink and white flowers .Dragon blood is a great ground covering

Put a trellis up for climbing vines or if you can't do that because HOA try different wind chime