What can I do when adjoining property has been abandoned to overgrowth

  6 answers
  • 15561930 15561930 on Jun 10, 2017
    Call the city a put in a complaint.

  • Mike Mike on Jun 10, 2017
    Check with your local city hall. There are most likely codes that the owner is violating and he or she could be forced to clean it up.

  • Theresa Roach Theresa Roach on Jun 10, 2017
    Community outreach.

  • Judymgibbs Judymgibbs on Jun 10, 2017
    call the city. There should be an ordinance that would force the city to maintain that if it is causing a higher risk of pest problems or poison ivy for you. I will say that the one time my mother had the same issue I just cut the front of the adjacent property. I like the exercise and it solved the problem but that was a simple fix.

  • Willie Willie on Jun 10, 2017
    I had the same problem, except the person was living there. Called the town and they had someone do cleanup and put lien on their property.

  • Tam13317878 Tam13317878 on Jun 13, 2017
    Call your local government and complain. If you get field mice, ticks etc because of the tall grass your complaint may be handled more quickly because of the threat to health. They are supposed to upkeep it at least by mowing it at the cost of the owner if located.