WHat pretty low maintenance bushes can I put along the front of ranch

+2
Long white ranch home

• Barbara Barbara on Jun 13, 2018
    bridal wreath, burning bush, russian sage, there are any number of flowering bushes that require very little care

• Ellis Ellis on Jun 13, 2018
    You don't say where you are, so you might want to do a search for low shrubs for your climate zone. If you don't mind deciduous shrubs, there are a variety of small spirea bushes that don't get too large and grow in many zones. I have some called "Little Princess" which get small pink flowers. They're pretty much indestructible. There are also some nice evergreens that stay somewhat small, and they come in various shades of blues, greens and golds. One is even called "Bowling Ball." To avoid that long, low, look, use something a bit taller at the ends of the house, or in between windows, like a small ornamental tree or a more vertical evergreen.

Look at garden sites, and maybe visit a good nursery for ideas.

• Ann Ann on Jun 13, 2018
    Holly, barberry, spirea, snowball (though it grows fast), hydrangea, evergreens. Etc

• Seth Seth on Jun 13, 2018
    I had the very same question as we just moved into a ranch. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Jun 13, 2018
    I like a mix of evergreen and flowering shrubs then put flowers around them. I have butterfly bushes that grow great and some flower all season (check the tags). You should go to your local nursery and ask what grows best in your area. They should be able to help you find what you need and answer any questions about that particular plant.