What should I plant in my garden to replace some dead shrubs and plant

+3
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jan 04, 2018
    well -- that depends -- your grow zone will dictate the temperature, moisture, etc. that they can withstand; the rest will depend on what you want - size, flowering ( and when ), amount of care required, etc. Go to a good garden/landscape company ( not a 'big box store) and talk with them -- get a soil test from your local Agricultural Extension office -- and if you know why the plants that were in that location didn't survive you will know how to care for your new plants -- but... nothing lives forever ... check with these people -- https://ask.extension.org

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 04, 2018
    location

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Jan 04, 2018
    Hello Anna! In order to determine what type or types of plants would be suitable, you must first determine what regional planting zone you are in. Click on the link that I am providing – it gives you access to a regional planting guide. First determine which zone you are in and then you will be able to find the type or types of plants you should be planting right now in your regional planting zone.

• Mar31895609 Mar31895609 on Jan 04, 2018
    Try hostas. Doesn't require much work or water. Beautiful when they take and start spreading out. Great for sides of pathway. When grown you can separate them from one you can get anywhere from 3_5 new plants

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jan 04, 2018
    See what they are selling at your local nursery. Not only do they stock what is most likely going to thrive but the sales people can give you advice on what else you may need to buy and give you care tips.

• Snapoutofit Snapoutofit on Jan 05, 2018
    I love planting perennials. They are almost maintenance free. Buy then on sale at the end of the season.