Decided to make some "art" for the garden with things I had laying around!
Sunshine and Rust in the Garden
I had a rusty barrel lid to start with. An image of the sun came to mind so I spray painted the lid orange.
Using a strip of banding I found on the ground I cut to size and brushed off.
New construction left all of these cuts behind. Perfect for rays of sunshine when spray painted yellow!
Using gorilla glue I glued all my sunshine down. First I made a circle around the lid using a pencil and string so I had some help (guideline) placing my pieces.
I thought my sun needed whimsy so I decided on a face. At first I was going to try my luck at painting a face, but I had quite a few beer caps so glued them down with the gorilla glue as well.
Some of the caps had inspiration.....some maybe not appropriate for this project (maybe another one).
This spot for now! The lid is quite heavy so I used a 3" wood screw in the post. Since I used the back of the lid as the face I have a nice "lip" that fits over the screw head and the weight keeps it in place.
Update: Well, the wind kept blowing my sunshine off its perch so I had to find something more solid. My son's old bike seems to fill the bill!