This is such an easy DIY insecticidal spray for your plants, you are going to enjoy making it!
DIY Insecticidal Spray
A few years ago, I tried out a few different soap sprays for my potted plants. I wasn’t pleased with most of the results, so I never shared a post.
Last summer, I tried out using one of my all time favorite products, Murphy Oil Soap. This stuff is fantastic!
The manufacturer inspired me after reading their website.
Follow us on Instagram (alexis.roch username) for more tips like this and videos. Here is a quick video o f our DIY below.
Ingredients for DIY Insecticidal Spray:
- 2 tbsp Murphy Oil Soap
- 2 cups of water (or just fill spray bottle to top which might be more like 1.5 cups...either way is fine)
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- Glass Jar for mixing
- Spray Bottle
- Add ingredients to a jar and stir well.
- Pour into a spray bottle.
- Gentle shake before spraying.
- Spray the bottom and top of your plants leaves, and along the stem.
Optional : Neem Oil
This is an optional step, but if you want to really enhance this solution, add in some Organic Neem Oil!
How Long Will This Spray Last?
There is really no shelf life for this, nothing inside will go bad. Feel free to keep this around at all times and use until it is gone! Just remember to give it a good shake before each use to distribute the oils.
- Murphy Oil Soap (Online)
- Lemon Essential Oil (Online)
- Spray Bottle (Store)