Best way to keep pests out of attic

+2
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 02, 2018
    Do you mean bats? Make sure every little nook and cranny are sealed off. Make sure they aren't still in the attic.

• Judy Judy on Jan 02, 2018
    Please do tell us what you mean. Do you want to store some unused items, and this is what you want the help with? If so, please explain what is in there now, and we will help you. Thank you.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jan 03, 2018
    Do you mean pest out . Because if that's what you mean then you need to seal off where they are coming in which you can do on a sunny day by going up there and if you see light filtering in then seal that spot unless it's a window of course. Be very careful if you have squirrels or racoon because you don't want to get bitten. You can trap them and then seal off areas then set them free or have city set them free. Often times the city will rent those traps to you and take care of releasing the critters. If it's bees or wasps you want to deal with those ehen it's cool or cold like now and those can squeeze in through tiny holes but if you get rid of them they usually will not rebuild in same area. You do it when they don't come out that's why cold time is best. I would pay a professional because I don't want to be in attic nor do I want to chance getting bitten or stung but I had wasps and yhey apply a very effective powder and after two weeks if they are going then they seal opening. And they dispose of any hives.

• FL FL on Jan 03, 2018
    If you want to keep pests out of the attic, make sure you carefully secure every square inch looking for any openings that could let in squirrels, bats, raccoons, mice, rats, or even birds. Have a chimnet cap put on to keep things out, make sure your windows are sealed tight and there are no open pipes or holes where they can get in. Mice and rats can climb through walls inspect the ground level as well.