Cat poop, Round 2

+22
Okay, I've tried the suggestions you made. None of them appears to be working and the problem's not going away by itself. Bath soap, moth balls and cayenne pepper have no effect on city felines who think my mulched yard is their litterbox. Those mats with protruding plastic points won't work either because we humans walk the same garden ground. Anyone know where I can rent a Rottweiler to discourage this continued smelly, unhealthy practice? (Kidding...!)
  • Kim Kim on May 27, 2017
    There is a device to keep raccoon away from ornamental ponds. I don't know what it's called but it is basically a tall sprinkler with a motion detector. When movement is detected, it turns on and waters the area which the cats won't like but your plants will! Check your local nursery.
    Hope that helps
    :)

• Mel Mel on May 27, 2017
    Plastic forks with the handles buried in the dirt.

• Warren Grossman Warren Grossman on May 27, 2017
    You must've done a tour in Vietnam...

• Cathy Feldman Sanders Cathy Feldman Sanders on May 27, 2017
    Cats hate scents that invade their nasal cavity. Try lightly spraying with lemon & mint water to deter them or planting marigolds as a deterrent

• Sarah Sota Sarah Sota on May 27, 2017
    adopt a little terrier that hates cats?

• Sasha Sasha on May 27, 2017
    Try large plastic empty soda bottles with label removed, add water & place in different areas of your back yard. Specifically where the cat goes, they will see themselves on the bottle and be afraid and runaway. Hope this work for you, it did for me.

• Itsmemic Itsmemic on May 27, 2017
    2 Shepherds usually do the trick:)

• Anita Miles Cary Anita Miles Cary on May 27, 2017
    Chicken wire, on top or just under the surface. Can be in pieces.

• Patricia Patricia on May 27, 2017
    They sell cat repellent at the hardware store in either liquid or granular form. We used the granular type and it worked. You do need to reapply it after it rains.

• David David on May 27, 2017
    I had the same experiance, nothing worked. My neighbor, who owned the cat, bought us a motion sensor sprayer. Once the cat got sprayed a few times, she stopped using our garden as her litterbox.

• Liz Liz on May 27, 2017
    motion activated watering system.

• Katie Roling Katie Roling on May 27, 2017
    put down some thing sticky or poky they hate stepping on icky things

Oh good. Now my yard will look more like Sanford & Son...! But where will we walk when the slime is in?

• Lisa Logdahl Lisa Logdahl on May 27, 2017
    When I was a kid, I was deathly allergic to cats. My bedroom was sealed with special.paint and caulking on the windows to keep their dander outside. And i had bushes right under my window where they loved to take shade under. We lived in AZ at the time. And my mom would get the hottest chili pepper power and sprinkle it under the bushes. Those cats never came back. As an adult, my husband and I used capsaicin spray...it was orange. But it was effective! Cats are cool to look at. But their poo and pee can be used a weapons! Ugh. Good luck 😊

• Ildiko Zeigler Ildiko Zeigler on May 27, 2017
    cats don't like wet or moist soil. Loose and dry soil is what they prefer to potty in. hardware cloth or chicken wired laid over the ground will keep them from being able to dig a hole for their business and is barely visible and still gets air and water. I like the motion sensor sprayer also.

• Cathy Feldman Sanders Cathy Feldman Sanders on May 28, 2017
    ok, then try placing toothpaste globs in an around or Irish Spring soap pieces.

• Warren Grossman Warren Grossman on May 28, 2017
      I had the market in Irish Spring cornered! Neighbors were wondering where that aroma was coming from...but it didn't stop the city cats.

Tough crowd (city thug cats!)
    Cats prefer fibrous places for their litter box - it may come down to replacing mulch with tidy river rocks or some other attractive yet cat-unfriendly material

• Warren Grossman Warren Grossman on May 29, 2017
    Leaving many square feet of rockscaped but otherwise unusable city soil? Thanks Cathy but I'd like to keep that option open by renting a dog or looking into a sensor controlled sprinkler. For now anyway.