Cats are in my garden!

+2
neighbor feeds feral cats and they now dig up my plants. How do i keep them away?

• Lay down chicken wire. Cats don't like it because their claws get caught in it when they scratch.

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 27, 2018
    Hi Maggie: I'd go to the garden supply, home improvement or rock store and pick up some of those lava rocks. They come in a couple of colours, are light, inexpensive and really rough on the feet. Cat's can't dig in them, don't want to, and will leave your garden alone. Check with your neighbour and see if the cats are spayed/neutered so that they don't multiply, and they will, quickly! There are some groups out there that will spay/neuter free or really cheaply. Good luck with both.

• Oliva Oliva on Jun 27, 2018
    Plant Rue. Cats hate the smell. If not available, spray area with mixture of lemon, rosemary, lavender, clove essential oils in water, kept in a glass spray bottle. Reapply regularly for best effect. You may also need to call animal control.

• William William on Jun 27, 2018
    Sprinkle cayenne pepper or chili powder around. Reapply as needed.